From Poudre River Resources
- A short, animated video produced by Noah Besser Animations, explaining the history of the Poudre River
- Water law for Colorado, which includes the Cache la Poudre River
- Created by the Colorado Water Institute at CSU, this gives historical context for water law in Colorado, but specifically on the Cache la Poudre River
- A brief history of water usage in Greeley, beginning in 1830, written by the City of Greeley
- A detailed history of irrigation in the Poudre River watershed by Rose Laflin
- A website by Public Lands History Center researchers about the history of Cache la Poudre River history water use, focused on Fort Collins
- 1901 government report by E.S. Nettleton; bulletin no. 92 of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Experiment Stations.
- 1903 government report by C.E. Tait; bulletin no. 134 of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Experiment Stations.
- This video, produced by Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Colorado State University, discusses Fort Collins' planned growth in the mid-20th century. It includes a 1970 video promoting recreational development along the river followed by talks by several experts on the area's planning history.
- A small bit of history on the naming of the Cache la Poudre River.